Families formed through adoption are different from families formed by birth. The differences are neither fully positive nor fully negative, but they can add richness and challenges, sometimes simultaneously. All families can benefit from special services to help them through difficult times; however, families formed through adoption sometimes find that their unique needs go beyond the general parenting information offered in the community.
This page includes resources, information, and links to help support you and your family. If you have additional questions or would like to speak with a member of our team, please give us a call at 800-762-8063.
- Adoption at School: Homework Triggers
- Adoption in the Media & Entertainment
- Depression in Teens Who Were Adopted
- Education & Adoption
- Empowering Your Children to Share their Adoption Story
- Fact or Fiction: Dispelling Some of the Common Myths about Adoption
- Final Preparations
- I Thought I’d Be Happy: Post-Adoption Depression Syndrome
- Lost in Translation: Language Deficits in International Adoption
- Missing Pieces: Talking to Your Child about Adoption When Information is Limited
- Not Too Old for Forever: Adopting Older Youth
- Sibling Conflict in Adoptive Families
- Somebody to Lean On
- Talking to Your Children About Their Birth Parents
- Through the Lens of Adoption
The No Matter What Families YouTube channel is created and maintained by the Coalition for Children, Youth & Families. It is designed to encourage families to seek help and support when they feel hopeless and alone. The website features real stories from real people, ultimately providing inspiration to help struggling families make connections that will help build their strength and resilience.